Indian Catholic Matters is an initiative by two passionate catholics. It is an attempt to fill the void felt for some time of a truly Indian website portal for Catholic resources. Here you will find content written by Indian priests and religious. Contents include news from the Church in India, sermons, articles on various Christian themes, parenting advice, links to various other Catholic TV programmes and resources from across the country. If you are a writer and wish to contribute, you can do so through the website. Thank you for your prayers.
See our growing team of over 50 of the very best Indian Catholic writers.
Please feel free to send in your article submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read Article Submission Guidelines below and adhere to the following guidelines when submitting an article for publication. All articles are accepted purely on a honorary understanding.
- Originality: Articles submitted to India Catholic Matters must be written exclusively and must not have been previously published or submitted to any other publisher.
- Promotion: Articles must not be commercial or promotional with respect to any specific product or service. Any such references will be omitted or reworded in general terms. Doing so protects the legitimacy of your article in the eyes of our readership.
- Length: Our readers tell us they are more likely to read short, concise articles. We recommend a length of approximately 800 words, excluding reference list). Longer submissions will be returned with a request to edit down to our suggested word count or a request to split into two stand-alone articles.
- Formatting: We prefer Microsoft Word documents. Please do not send PDF files or files with embedded references. Our editorial board only considers electronic submissions.
- Credentials: Please include verifiable contact and credential information (brief biography) and a high resolution colour headshot with all submissions.
- Review Process: An in–house editorial panel reviews all articles; occasionally, an article may be sent to an outside reviewer for additional input. In general, this process takes approximately one week.
- You will receive notification by email when the article is published.
- Article Destination: If accepted, your article may appear in one or more of our associate publications, depending on reader relevance.
- Article Editing & Formatting: India Catholic Matters formats articles for publishing using an in-house style guide, and edit at our discretion for grammar, flow and readability. This can include changing a title to maximize reader engagement and/or accommodate space limitations. In addition, editors may perform sentence and/or paragraph edits for space. The author is contacted only when the editor has a question regarding the meaning of a particular passage, the accuracy of a statement is in question, or more information is required (missing references, etc.). Authors appreciate this attention to detail and our efforts to make the article as reader-friendly as possible.
- Copyright: While you hold the copyrights of your submissions, we will aim to protect you from those who would attempt to reprint your article without permission.
- Publishing Timeline: Indian Catholic Matters has a backlog of accepted articles. A newly accepted article may not immediately be published, unless it is a time-critical. We do not base placement of an article on any scheduled advertising; instances in which editorial content appears similar to an advertisement are strictly coincidental.